Archive for month: October, 2021
Saving money has never been easier! Lower your electric bill and receive several, free energy-saving products during your Home Energy Analysis. The best part? You can choose between an in-person or virtual session when you sign up!
What is a Home Energy Analysis (HEA)?
- An HEA shows you how you use energy and what you can do to get the most for your energy dollar
- Based on whether you choose an in-person or virtual session, one of our friendly energy professionals will walk through your home or meet with you via a video call to identify ways to save energy.
- You’ll receive free energy-saving products, such as LED light bulbs, smart power strips and faucet aerators.
- A personalized HEA report will be emailed or mailed to you with ways you can reduce your energy use.
What are the benefits of an HEA?
- There’s no cost to you
- You’ll receive free energy-saving products and savings on your monthly electric bills
- Comprehensive work is performed by specially trained energy professionals.
- Your home will be healthier, safer, and more comfortable.
Start saving today! Visit mnpower-assessments.com/hea
If you have questions, please call 877-334-2675 or email SaveEnergy@mnpower.com
Chisholm KIDS PLUS is looking for adults and older adults interested in being paired up with a 2nd grade student at the Vaughan-Steffensrud for our Reading Pals Program. Help a youth learn the joys of reading through YOU!
Volunteers will be committing to 45 minutes/ one day per week.
Please contact Chisholm KIDS PLUS at 218-254-5727
Can you spell? Can you drink? Can you do both at the same time?
Test your skills at Jim’s on November 6th 2021 at 10PM and see if you might be the best! Prizes yet to be announced, but make room on your calendar for a fun night of spelling ( or the lack of ).
Visit their FB page HERE
Four (4) years of responsible office experience in accounting or bookkeeping with an emphasis in government accounting.
Associate degree in accounting, business or related field.
Strong knowledge of bank reconciliations, journal entries, and accounts payable.
Considerable knowledge of spreadsheets, general ledger, and accounting documentation practices.
Communicates in a professional, respectful, and dependable manner.
Solid understanding of accounting principles.
Class I, AFSCME position. $30.36 per hour upon completion of 120 shifts of probationary period. First 120 shifts worker paid at 90% of pay scale. After 120 shifts worked, pay is 100% of pay scale.
The application and full job description with requirements can be located at City Hall, 316 W. Lake St, Chisholm, MN or the City of Chisholm website: http: www.ci.chisholm.mn.us.
Applicants are required to submit a completed City of Chisholm employment application, cover letter, resume, salary history, and work-related references by Monday, December 27, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Mail: City of Chisholm
316 W Lake Street Chisholm, MN 55719
Fax: (218) 254-7955
Equal Opportunity Employer
From 8AM Friday October 8th through 6PM Sunday October 10th the main entrance to the Redhead Trail will be closed to the public. The Minnesota Cycling Association will be hosting middle and highschool mountain bike races on these dates. The Chisholm Area Chamber of Commerce, The Minnesota Discovery Center and The Iron Range Tourism Bureau will be handing out goodies as well as coupons for your future Redhead MTB Park expeditions!