Are you interested in learning about film production but don’t know where to start? Gain some hands on filmmaking experience by working with the Upper Midwest Film Office on an upcoming project! This will be a three day experience that will allow you to be involved in the filmmaking process and to gain some valuable skills that are an invaluable asset on any film set. Attendees will also be able to make invaluable connections with those who are already in the field, because it is very important to make connections when breaking into a new field!
The three day experience will take place from Friday, September 15th 2023 to Sunday, September 17th 2023.
Want to learn more about the Upper Midwest Film Office? Check out their listing on our Chisholm Chamber page and see what they’re all about and why they are a great resource for learning about the film industry!
In This 3 Day Immersive Workshop:
- Learn the basics of being a Production Assistant – the most common entry-level position on a film crew
- Work alongside working filmmakers in the making of a short film
- Gain practical on-set film production experience
- Learn how the various departments such as Grip & Electric, Sound, Camera, and Art work together and how best to assist in those departments
- Build invaluable professional connections within the MN film community
- Be eligible for paid PA positions on incoming film productions
Friday, September 15th
12 pm – 5 pm, presentation from UMFO and Lost Forty Studios, and introductions to instructors. From the concept of our project all the way through our plan of execution, you’ll meet the instructors and learn on-set protocols for each department so that everyone is prepped and ready to make our film.
Saturday, September 16th
Call-time at 10 am, wrap at 5 pm. (specific times subject to change). “There’s nothing like a good ol’ film light in a fogged-up studio.”
Filming in controlled environments, all participants will be hands-on under the guidance of the department leads, switching between departments throughout the day, making it happen.
Sunday, September 17th
Call-time at 10 am, wrap at 5 pm. (specific times subject to change). Post-Production –“That’s a wrap!” Students will be sent a link to the final product to reference!