Would you like to tour Slovenia with the Slovenian National Home? The trip is planned for May 4th-May 14th 2024 and they are taking sign ups now! Whether you are simply curious and want to see somewhere new or if you would like to explore the land of your ancestors this is an amazing opportunity! If you would like to learn more visit the Slovenian National Home website for itinerary and locations, or view the PDF below!
Tour Slovenia Itinerary/Locations
- Postojna Cave – #1 Tourist Site of Slovenia
- Predjama Castle – Listed in Guiness Book of World Records as the largest Cave Castle in the world
- Piran – Medieval coastal town
- Portorož – a “party town” with sandy beaches
- Bohinj – Biggest lake in Slovenia
- Bled – Alpine pearl with a lake, island, and castle
- Ljubljana – Awarded “European Green Capital” in 2016
- The Logarsaka Valley – One of the most beautiful alpine glacial valleys in Europe
- Kranjska Gora – Home to FIS Alpine Wolrd Ski Cup & Nordic World Ski Championship
- Lipica Stud Farm – The biggest Lipizzaner horse stud farm in the world
- Ribnica – Slovenian cradle of woodenware craftsmanship and the home area of so many Minnesotan ancestors
- Kamnik – Today a beautiful Medieval town, once a capital of Carnolia, the seat of many counts
Would you like to see more news and events in the Chisholm area? Visit us at our Chisholm Area Chamber of Commerce website for more!