The United Way of Northeast Minnesota’s (UWNEMN) Big Buck Contest is available for early sign up!
Hunters of all ages who hunt, live, and/or work in UWNEMN’s service area are invited to register for this contest prior to their season start (Youth Deer Season starts Oct. 20th, and Deer Rifle Season starts Nov. 5th) to be entered to win for the biggest buck in their category or most unusual rack. All hunters will also be entered to win a lifetime Minnesota Hunting license – even if they don’t get a buck! So sign up for the Big Buck Contest today!
All contest proceeds will support the local Imagination Library program which delivers free books monthly to children on the Iron Range, in Koochiching County, and in Lake of the Woods County
Rules and Regulations:
- This contest and all rules are subject to the laws and hunting regulations of the state of Minnesota. All contestants must be legally permitted to take deer according to Minnesota Hunting Regulations.
- All contestants must live, work, or hunt in United Way of Northeastern Minnesota’s service territory. (North St. Louis County, West Itasca County, all of Koochiching County, & all of Lake of the Woods County)
- Youth contest will begin October 20 2022, and end November 27, 2022. Deer taken by youth during the Youth Hunting Season (10/20-10/23) or rifle season (11/5-11/27) are eligible so long as youth participant is registered prior to the season start.
- Adult contest will begin November 5, 2022, and end November 27, 2022.
- All contestants be entered to win a lifetime Minnesota hunting license. (A winner will be selected at random in the Adult division, and another winner will be selected at random in the Youth division.) No purchase necessary.
- Prizes will be awarded for largest buck in the following categories: Male Hunters 18+ ($250 L&M Gift Card), Female Hunters 18+ ($250 L&M Gift Card), and Youth Hunters 10-17 ($100 L&M Gift Card). A winner will also be selected for Most Unusual Rack ($100 L&M Gift Card).
- More random prize drawings to be announced.
- Winners for categories will be determined by the number of points and inside spread of racks. Any point must measure at least one (1) inch to be considered a point. A panel of judges representing various interests will review photos. Panel decisions are final.
- To qualify to win a category, contestants must submit a photo of their buck (with rack and points clearly visible) with hunter and deer in photo – along with a photo of the license tag clearly showing the date, hunting zone, location, etc.*
- No out-of-state deer allowed.
- Only deer harvested during the 2022 rifle season are eligible for prizes.
- To enter, register with paper or online (link coming soon!) by 11:59 pm November 4, 2022.
- Photos must be submitted by 11:59 pm November 27, 2022.
- One contest entry permitted per individual.
- Winners will be announced on November 30, 2022.