United Way of North East Minnesota will be holding their United Way Annual Fund Distribution on March 7th at Minnesota North College from 8am-2pm and they need volunteers! In this eye-opening experience, you will learn the level of need for United Way and the power of involvement with UWNEMN and their 42 partner agencies.
What can you expect?
- After local non-profits complete the grant application, they are separated into panels based on their scope of service.
- As a volunteer, you are assigned to a panel with 8-10 other volunteers that is led by a UWNEMN member. Then, as a group your panel:
- Reviews 3-4 applications on your own time
- Sets up site visits for each organization.
- Interviews your assigned agencies on Fund Distribution Day (details below) and gives recommendations
*The total time commitment is 15 hours.
UWNEMN believes in a broad representation of the community helps make this process thrive. The deadline for organizing panels is January 17th. If you are interested in participating in The United Way Annual Fund Distribution sign up today as rosters fill up very quickly! Get in on this opportunity to get involved with an organization that does so much for the region and be a part of the change!