October Buddy Backpack packing sessions will be on Tuesday, October 4th & Thursday October 20th. The Buddy Backpack program is designed to help children in the area who are in need or at risk of going hungry.
UWNEMN hopes to provide a safe and fun Buddy Backpacks experience for everyone, and we appreciate your cooperation in the following for the 2022-2023 school year:
- We are looking for up to 50 people per packing session. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the session.
- Upon arrival to the UWNEMN building, volunteers will drive through the gate and park in the parking lot. Volunteers will enter through DOOR #4.
- Volunteers will be asked complete a volunteer release form, unless completed online before arriving. This form will be completed once per school year, as in the past. They will also receive their name tag with table number and job duty.
- Volunteers are asked to not touch any items on their tables before the staff kicks off the session. This means there will be no opening of boxes, stock piling additional items, or starting to pack any bags.
- Job duties will be pre-assigned. If you have any concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are asked to wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes or boots.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness on the day of your packing session, please contact us to reschedule.
Thank you for volunteering to pack this critical food for local children and your understanding of the guidelines put in place. UWNEMN will continue to do our very best to keep our volunteers, staff, and local children safe!
Volunteers for Buddy Backpacks must be 12 or older.
Join the October Buddy Backpack session(s) and make a difference in the community!
To apply or to read more on the program visit United Way of Northeast Minnesota on their website!